Tuesday, March 11, 2008

genesis x

Taking a moment out here for the frivolous and nostalgic ... I came across this very old email, forwarded to me by a friend and, I confess, forwarded on by me to a few other people. (Hey, I agreed with the sentiment. I still do.)

From: [ ... ]
To: [ ... ]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 1998 10:59 PM
Subject: A petition to censure and move on


Now that the Starr report is out, and the worst is known, I've been hoping that congress would take swift action and then move on with the business of the country. But it seems our representatives are settling down for a long process, and I'm not sure I can stand it. Worse, I'm not sure the country can stand it.

I'm helping launch an Internet campaign to tell our representatives that we've had enough. The President should receive censure from the Congress and we should all move on. And the independent counsel investigation should end. It's time for the public interest to come first, and for our representatives to show real leadership.

Will you help? Just go to http://www.moveon.org to sign the petition. It only takes a minute. And then if you send a message on to your friends and colleagues, the ball will really get rolling. It's up to us.

Please feel free to forward this message to anyone you think would be interested.

That was the beginning. Before the PAC. Before Soros. Just Wes Boyd and Joan Blades and a small mailing list. The genesis of a monster. Who knew?