Friday, January 11, 2008

Ups and downs

It's been a rollercoaster week, and not just for the stock market. As some of you may have noticed, I didn't start it out in the best of moods. The much awaited visit of Bush and Rice to Israel certainly didn't improve it any. But the ramifications of that visit haven't played out yet. We'll see.

Meanwhile, the news about Meryl's Tig is not good. And condolences to Lair Simon on the passing of his Friskie. I've noticed that it's really hard for some people to relate to the pain that the loss or impending loss of a pet can inflict. It's not like it's a person, they say. Well, speaking from experience, yes, it is. It's not the same but it is sometimes very much like.

On the other hand, I had my first EKG on Tuesday and my doctor was impressed. Very impressed. I must be doing something right. And it's looking very much like I will be getting back to Israel in March. That's a big up. If everything goes according to plan, I should be there for Purim -- all three days of it in Jerusalem, which this year falls on Good Friday as well as Easter with Shabbat in between. Now that should be interesting.

Here's hoping next week is more up than down.

Shabbat Shalom.